Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Halloween Craft

One of my friends from Talented Terrace Girls found this craft. http://www.keepingitsimplecrafts.com/2011/09/spooktacular-2x4-halloween-characters.html It's cute, quick, and STURDY! In a house of small people, sturdy is important.
All you need is 5 2x4's, some vinyl lettering and faces, and paint. I used gauze and a tree stick too add a bit to  my mummy and the pumpkin (yes, there is a stick as a stem on the pumpkin, although it's hard to see). I suppose I should add that I used a REALLY strong wood glue to put everything together and some mod podge. As my friend said, the mod podge helps keep the vinyl from rolling off. If you have the time and everything together, you could finish this in one evening, a few hours. Mine took a few days, since I also have kids to take care of and I wanted to make sure everything had dried completely.

No comments:

Post a Comment