Tuesday, September 15, 2015

Sam's Interview

November is back on!!

Things have been going great with edits. I'm started (barely) on third edits already. :) I think, perhaps, today will be a treat: An introduction to a new character, Sam. Let's set up the interview room, shall we?

(Our Jot or a Lot (JOAL) interviewer is sitting in a big, overstuffed brown chair, notepad in hand. A giant window behind the chairs lets in natural sunlight. A steaming cup of hot chocolate sits on the table at her elbow. The door opens and a man walks in. He's tall, blond haired and blue eyed. He pauses in the doorway to take in the room before striding to the second overstuffed brown chair and sinking into with a sigh of satisfaction. He gestures for the interview to begin.)

JOAL: Hello, Sam, and welcome to the blog!
Sam: Thank you. I'm delighted to be here.
JOAL: First, what's your full name? Including your title.
Sam: *sighs*Must I include the title?
JOAL: It would really help the audience understand who you are...and what.*grin*
Sam: Fine. My name, including title, is Bloody Sam Roberts.
JOAL: "Bloody?"
Sam: An exaggeration of my enemies, to be sure.
JOAL: *a little wide eyed*Enemies?
Sam: *rolls his eyes* I'm a pirate. Just about anyone who sails in my waters is my enemy.
JOAL: Ooookay. I guess if something goes missing from the foyer I'll know who to ask.
Sam: *scowling*I'm not a thief! I'm a pirate! There's a difference.
JOAL: I'm sure there is. Okay, back to our questions...How long have you been sailing?
Sam: *chuckles*A long time.
JOAL: *arches eyebrow*
Sam: That's all your getting out of me.*smirks*
JOAL: Fine, then. Why did you become a pirate, of all things? You're bonded to a Phoenix, aren't you? Shouldn't you be a king or admiral or something?
Sam: *face darkens*Let's just say that there are problems with the family.
JOAL: Ooooh! You're the black sheep, are you?
Sam: Why do you accuse me of being this black sheep?
JOAL: Well, you're a pirate...
Sam: This is ridiculous. Are we almost finished?
JOAL: Not quite. There's still a few more...
Sam: *grumbling and standing*There isn't time for this. I have a mutiny to solve and a princess to protect.
JOAL: Wait, she's not a princess!
Sam: She is to me!*cheerfully said over his shoulder as he leaves the room*
JOAL: Hey! You haven't told us why you're in the story yet!*door closes*Well, I guess this concludes the interview. You'll just have to read the story to learn more about Sam.*grin*Thanks for coming!

No comments:

Post a Comment