Thursday, October 25, 2012

Cajun Chicken Pasta

I don't know why, but I always thought Cajun Chicken Pasta would be harder. After making it a few times, I've discovered that it's not only easy, but it's also a fairly quick meal!
These are my leftovers...it's still delicious and creamy the next day! This particular recipe serves two, although I haven't found a need to increase the amount of chicken when I double the recipe, nor do I use as much bell pepper. In this batch, I used half a green and about a quarter red. But my family doesn't like pepper as much. Looking at the recipe, I didn't use as much cream as it calls for either. So there's definitely room for variation! Anyways, here's the recipe that makes 2 servings. :)

4 oz pasta
2 chicken breasts, cut into strips
1 green onion, minced
1 1/2 c heavy cream (you can use half and half, too)
2 t cajun seasoning
2 T butter
1 green bell pepper
1/2 red bell pepper
4 fresh mushrooms sliced (I haven't used these, so their optional!)
1/4 t dried basil
1/4 t lemon pepper
1/4 t salt
1/8 t garlic powder (I've also used garlic salt)
1/8 t black pepper
2 T parmesan cheese
1. Boil the pasta.
2. While it's boiling, toss the chicken in the cajun seasoning, then saute the chicken in butter.
3. While that's cooking, chop, mince, and slice your peppers, mushrooms, and green onion.
4. Add vegetables and fungus (haha, couldn't resist!) to cooked chicken. Saute 2-3 minutes.
5. Reduce heat and stir in heavy cream.
6. Add seasonings and heat through.
7. Toss pasta in sauce and top with more parmesan if desired.
 
Honestly, this probably takes about 30 minutes to throw together (assuming you have all ingredients on hand). It's a great meal! Especially if you have fresh rolls or garlic/french bread to the side...mmmm...and a green salad is yummy with this also...Hmmmm...when am I eating this next? ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment