Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Tasty Tuesday: Chocolate Chip Cookie

One of the lovely ladies from Talented Terrace Girls will be our guest blogger on Monday. They are all incredibly talented, so make sure you check it out! http://www.talentedterracegirls.blogspot.com/
 
Meanwhile, I decided to try a "one serving" recipe. I chose the chocolate chip cookie, since I've been having sweet cravings lately. http://lacreativitedelafille.blogspot.com/2012/06/single-serving-deep-dish-chocolate-chip.html is the originator of this recipe. I tried it out and am giving step by step instructions (with pictures!).
First, ignore the mess and focus on the ingredients. Your basic cookie ingredients: butter, brown and white sugar, egg yolk, vanilla, flour, salt, and chocolate chips. The mug you see is where I mixed and cooked the cookie. That's a big plus with me. Very little mess!

Melt 1 T butter, add 1 T brown sugar and 1 T of white sugar, 3 drops of vanilla. I mixed these before adding the egg yolk to give the butter more time to cool. Add egg yolk. It should looks something like this. Some people who commented mentioned using the egg whites instead of the yolk.
 Next, add a pinch of salt and 1/4 C flour. Appears to be cookie dough, doesn't it?
 Now 2 T of chocolate chips and it's ready to go in the microwave! As cookie doughs go, I didn't think this dough was very tasty, so I wouldn't recommend eating it raw (not to mention the raw egg...).
 Now, one of the commenters mentioned that they have a high powered microwave. When they first tried it, it didn't turn out. But when they dropped to around 720 watts, it worked perfectly. You can see that I have a 1250 watt microwave, so I cooked at 60% power.
 I microwaved between 1:30 and 2:00 minutes. In retrospect, I should have quit when it looked a little more doughy on the outside. The microwave cooks from the inside out so instead of burning the outside, it's the inside you have to watch out for (mine's a little crunchy, not quite to the burned stage).
It tastes more like a cake cookie than a chocolate chip cookie, so don't expect "cookie" when you initially eat it. All in all, this is a decent recipe. Probably not something I would make for company, but for that random sweet tooth craving that I usually get. Happy treats!

1 comment: