Thursday, August 23, 2012

Education

Okay, I'm switching things up! I was going to have a page reserved for education, but I figure that this will work just as well. There's SO MUCH to learn! Like research. You have NO IDEA how much you use research. A few things I've researched lately: medical conditions, travel plans, gas prices, growth rates, tv times, Christmas presents...Imagine if I didn't generalize like that! A few tips to think about:

1.) As you research, what you're looking for should narrow itself down. Otherwise, you don't really have an interest in finding something out.
2.) When you find an answer, validate it through several different locations. This is especially important when doing internet research. Yes, people who publish in books can lie also, but it takes a lot more money to do it so they're less likely.
3.) Compare, compare, compare! What may seem like a good price in one place may be better somewhere else. Don't be afraid to shop around.
4.) Make a list. If you're like me, you just don't have time to sit down and get it all done at once. This is really important for me when I'm looking at travel ideas. I begin broad (location), find a few items of interest, then later figure out if they're possible or close to each other.

Good luck with your own researching! There's lots to find in the wide world around us. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment