Monday, June 17, 2013

Finding that Groove

Most of us have something that we enjoy. I happen to enjoy writing. Ironically, it can sometimes feel like a chore to get started, but I ALWAYS feel amazing during and after writing. It's cathartic and wonderful. Unfortunately, it seems that something always comes up to interrupt my flow of creative energy. Or my groove, as most people refer to it. You could call it 'the zone,' also.

Today, it was a bit of unfortunate news. I was busy editing Totems and outlining a new chapter insert. Things were going wonderfully. Then I got a text. You see, we've been searching for quite some time for a new place to rent. We thought we had found the place. It was hinted several times that we would be able to rent. The text I received was from the landlords. Although not stated point blank, the 'feel' of the text is that we may not be able to move in after all. We've been searching for months! The place we have to move to (my husband's job is in that area and he's the breadwinner and I'm the homemaker) is expensive for housing...My groove was effectively shot.

So, what do you do? Well, if you're reading this, you probably know what I did. I wrote anyways. I just had to change my topic. Some people might even call this 'venting.' It has certainly helped, whatever you want to call it! You, however? You'll do what you have to do, if your groove is really that important to you. And you know what you need to do. Follow your instincts (unless they're illegal...don't follow your illegal instincts!). Your groove will be back!

And you don't need to worry about us. I know that we'll be fine. This is just a stumbling block in the road of life. Things will work out. They always do. That's the great thing about grooves. You can't stop them forever. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment